Over the weekend I was nominated for the Liebster Award… Thank you sneaksandstilletos ! It came as such as a surprise because I am so new to the blog scene. I’m definitely feeling the love and I thank you for that!!!!
If you haven’t heard of this award, it’s an award for bloggers given by bloggers. When you are nominated for the award, you answer a set of questions asked by the blogger who nominated you and then nominate 11 other bloggers, and give those bloggers a set of questions to answer.
The 11 Questions I received were:
1) Why did you start blogging?
I come from a small town in upstate NY and there isn’t a HUGE running community. I started my blog as a way to connect with, inspire and be inspired by other runners. I’m not going to lie, it’s addicting!
2) What is your favorite race to recommend to others?
I truly love the Freihofer’s Run for Women in Albany, NY. It’s a 5k but you get a box of cookies in your goodie bag… jackpot!!! After college I took some time off and this race made me fall in love with running all over again!
3) Where is your dream racecation (destination race) and Why?
I’d love to do the Paris Marathon… I’ve been obsessed with Paris my entire life. I said when my daughter was born that for her sweet 16 we are going there for a mommy/daughter shopping trip. However, how awesome would it be to see the entire city while running a marathon… That is def something I would like to do in the next 5 years!!!
4) What running gear can’t you live without?
My garmin! Even though it’s like 5 years old, I can’t bring myself to part with it and buy a new one. We’ve had some amazing runs together. I’m slightly OCD so I love knowing how far and fast I’m going at all times. My husband says it’s not good to wear it all of the time but I feel so lonely without it. It’s like my running buddy.
5) What is your favorite fuel for long runs?
I typically don’t take anything on my long runs… but I’m looking for recommendations because I’m definitely in need!
6) Any great trails you’d recommend to other runners?
Honestly, I’m a klutz so I try to stay off of most trails… If there is a root in a 10 mile radius I will trip over it and sprain my ankle. LAME!
7) How do you budget for running and races?
I try to stay local with my races that way $25 here and there is no biggie… but if we are going to travel I try to find a place where we have family to stay with to cut down and hotels and eating out. For example, we stayed with my sister-in-law this past weekend when I did the SI 13.1…. In May we will stay with my brother-in-law and his wife…. I’m dying to do the Disney Challenges in Florida so that will just have to be good old fashion saving….
8) Favorite running book or movie?
I love the Prefontaine movie with Jared Leto….
9) Favorite way to cross train?
I love to take spin classes. They are so fun and they allow you to work at your own speed.
10) Who is your biggest inspiration?
My children… I find other female runners extremely inspiring but it’s really my children who push me to be a better person, teacher, and athlete. I love that they come watch me race. When I look up and see them standing on the sidelines yelling “go mommy go” it sets a fire in me like nothing else.
11) What is a local beer or wine from your neck of the woods you’d recommend to others?
Saranac Beer- I love them because they have seasonal beers. My taste buds change just like the seasons up here and I’m glad that I have a beer that changes with me. Actually, If you get top three in the Falling Leaves races in Utica they give you a free six pack… BONUS!!!
My 11 Blogger Dolls that I’m nominating are:
8. glitteranddust (previously nominated)
10. thehungryrunnergirl (nominated a million times I’m sure)
My 11 Questions
1. What inspired your blog name?
2. What is your favorite racing moment?
3. Whats your fav pre-race meal?
4. What is your favorite time of day to run and why?
5. How do you refuel after a run?
6. Do you have a lucky charm or is there something you do before every race?
7. How long have you been blogging?
8. What is your running anthem (your favorite song to rock out to when you run)?
9. If you could give your teenage self advice what would it be?
10. What are your top 3 goals for 2014?
11. What’s your favorite motivational quote?
1. Thank the blogger who has nominated you
2. Answer the questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers (I broke this rule a few times.)
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know that you have nominated them.