Welcome back for your weekly installment of
This week here’s what’s up in my world….
1. I typically hate racing pics of myself… but here is one from Cops and Joggers 5k…. This MAY be only the second picture every of myself running that I like (sad considering I have been running since I was 12).
2. No race this weekend, that I have planned… There IS a 5k that I have been teetering back and forth with, The Cherry Blossom 5k Race for ALS. I’m debating if I want to just take the weekend and chillax (perse) OR do this 5k…. Why can’t I not race?! I’ll keep you posted;)
3. Another thing that I have been debating about was joining in on the Alex and Ani bangles fad… I don’t like to invest money into things that either I’m not going to wear or that will be out of style quickly… For example, I held off buying skinny jeans for 6 months because I was worried that they looked too much like “mom jeans”. I confess, I love them now and I was just being paranoid. Anyways, everyone is rocking the bangles so I thought to myself, “Self, it’s time to jump aboard the Alex and Ani ship”! So the “easter Bunny” brought me the Champion- because it looks like a track foot and it matches my wings tat and It’s not a sprint- because I FINALLY signed up for a marathon….and guess what?! I love them!
4. After my run on Monday, my knees started to hurt which usually means one thing for me… time to get new kicks…. I’ve been eyeing Mizuno’s… What are your thoughts? Do you have a favorite type of Mizuno?
5. One last fun thing… download it, fill it out, post it Blogmopolitan…. it’s just a little fun to get through the day…. Happy Wednesday y’all! (I tried to make it pretty, it just wasn’t working out for me….)
I The Blogmopolitan Quiz
Name: Tantra Jasmine Daley- O’Neil
Nickname: Tantra Fabulous/T-fab
The meaning behind my blog name is: I like to always look “pretty”. I’m a teacher, so I feel like we always need look amazing (even when we don’t feel it) and when I have a fun running outfit, with cute hair and makeup at a race I just feel more confident…Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a cake face to the gym or anything but a little mascara and concealer never hurt anyone;).
I know it’s a little weird but: I sleep with several layers of clothes on in the winter-sweatshirt, long sleeved tee, tank, sweats, knee socks… and I’m STILL usually cold.
If you pulled up next to me at a stoplight, you’d see me belting out the lyrics to: Pink, Beyonce, or any old school hip hop song
My biggest guilty pleasure is:
a) Reality TV
b) Anything gummy
c) Being attached to my iphone
d) All the tortilla chips
You’ll never see me: Swimming.. unless it’s to save mine or my children’s life…it’s sad and embarrassing to watch.
One thing that always cheers me up is: Champagne
I definitely don’t get enough: Sleep
The beauty product I can’t live without is:
a) Red lipstick
b) Cover up/concealer
d) Black eyeliner
The quote I tend to live by is:“The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.”
Three words I would use to describe my style: Trendy/ Fun/ Classic- Fun with a trendy classic twist
It’s really unattractive when a guy: has bad teeth, has poor hygiene, doesn’t take care of himself, and talks down to women.
I wish I could be more: Laid-Back-I’m so high strung
My favorite part of my body is:
a) My legs
b) My butt
c) My boobs
d) My arms- they are extremely toned and I haven’t lifted since college
The best advice I have ever given: Relationships take work, but if you are the only compromising, your relationship will become compromised.
My worst habit is: Compulsive gum chewing
When no one is around, I tend to: swear like a trucker
The superpower I’d like to possess in real life:
c) Inhuman-like strength
d) Teleportation-having the ability to be anywhere in the world at anytime would be amazing….
If I could buy one thing right it would be: A new car… we have a giant SUV and it’s just too big for me
I don’t: give up on my goals and dreams…. They may have to be put on the back burner for a few but I definitely don’t forget about them.