Well, it’s Wednesday… so you know what that means…time to talk about what up but first I want to thank you for all of your support from this weekend! I truly felt the love.. thank you! Ok, ok, lets talk about what’s up!
1. Ok, it’s ONLY been two days since my marathon and it seems like it was sooo long ago. It still doesn’t seem real to me, that not only did I finish BUT I finished well (14th woman overall, 3rd in my age group, and a BQ). I miss running already, I know you are suppose to give your body time to recover, but how much time? How long do you take off after a marathon?
2. I was initially going to do the Friehoffers 5k this weekend but I fear that at this point I should just take the weekend off. I don’t want to miss out on the free box of cookies BUT I’m worried IF I ran it wouldn’t be enough time off and I’d rather run the following weekend:)
3.With June right around the corner I felt it was necessary to discuss goals for next month.
- I’d like to run at least one 5k
- I’d like to start incorporating weights and foam rolling into my training
- I’d like to run the local Mule Haul 5 miler on Father’s Day
- My friend Ashley wants to do the Adirondack !0 Miler On June 22, and of course I said I would join in
I have no time goals for June only because I want a stress free month of running. I want to just go out there and have fun… July will start marathon training and time goals:)
4.I seen this the other day and loved it!
Whats up on your Wednesday?! I’m getting bored not running, how do you recover from marathons?