Thank you Courtney @ Running for Cupcakes for the idea. I’m very lucky that my profession allows me to spend the summer with my children and because I do get summers off it’s important to me that I pack my summers with as much quality fun time as possible. While this bucket list does incorporate SOME running stuff, it’s mostly full of family time fun:)
1. Bring the kids to Montauk and Coney Island.
2. Run the Fire Cracker 4 (I say i’m going to do it every year… but this is the year for reals)
3. Bring the kids to The Bronx Zoo and/or The Central Park Zoo
4. Purchase a cookbook and teach myself how to cook well (I would love to take cooking classes but they don’t offer them around here… that I know of)
5. Do at least one craft project with the kids per week (this may be the death of me, but I think it will be fun… maybe)
6. Take the kids to an aquarium-Either the one in Brooklyn OR maybe the one in Mystic
7. Go hiking (there are a bunch of trails here, I think it would be a fun day activity)
8. Bring the kids to a waterpark… we have a few in Lake George
9. Run at least one half marathon
10. Make smores while watching fireworks
What’s on your summer bucketlist?